Sunday 31 December 2006

Me at Newlands Primary School

Hello all, my name is Brian Charlton I was born in 1950 and I went to Newlands primary from 1955 to 1962. I have searched high and low but can't find any of my group photos at Newlands. This single photo was taken (I think) round about 1961 at Newlands. If I look as if I am peering a bit, it is because I have been short sighted since birth and have worn specs almost all my life, but my mother always made me take them off for photo's. I think she was embarassed that she could not afford decent ones so I had the standard National Health (Harry Potter) type. Either that or she thought they made me look a bit glaikit !

My earliest memory is that I went to nursery school in a little wooden building in a lane behind Newlands school. It was called Elba Lane.
I was in Parkhead the other day and took a wee walk along to where I thought the lane used to be, and believe it or not - It is still there, and even more amazingly, so is the nursery. I will try to get some photos of it some time.

2 comments:

boabby said...

Hi brian I am pretty shure you and i were in the same class with Liz
Bob Portiouse Stewart Gary Nolan
to name but a few I am new to this blogging thing so bear with me I know I knew your brother Eddy
I just cant remember where was he in the BB or any thing like thad say at calton parish church
I lived across from that on Glamis Road corner close i just turned the big 58 and like liz
or June if you would rather I live in Canada George Higgins lives about an hour or so from me
gotta go regards
Boabby Irvine

Brian Charlton said...

Hi Boabby,
I think you are right, it would be more likely that you knew Eddie rather than me. I am 56 at the moment, and 2 yrs different was a lot of time then. Eddie was in the B.B. but I am not sure if it was In Calton church, but I did go to the Lifeboys there. Why dont you have a wee look at our other blog where you can contacy Stew, Liz, Bob etc. http://newlandsprimary.blogspot.com/

 

Website Traffic Tracking
Amazing Counters