Tuesday 16 December 2008

Old Photo Of Newlands Primary School

I was recently sent this old black and white photo of Newlands Primary School which is the one I attended as a child.
It is situated at the top of Springfield Road near Parkhead Cross and the Gallowgate.
The building is still there, but is no longer used as a school. It is now used by Social Services.
.
See the NEWLANDS link below for more modern views of the building.
(Photo by kind permission of Charlie McDonald at the "Glesca Keelies" Website.)

4 comments:

megan said...

I also went to Elba Lane nursery in prior to going to Newlands School. I attended the school in 1951-1956. Does anyone have any school photos. Known then as Margaret Baird.

I would love a picture of the building. I remember well the girls entranc and the bakery across the road !

Pebs said...

Hi my dad went to this school Albert Edward Thomson his picture is a lost bairne but I can't comment onit? Do you know him Megan?

Pebs said...

Hi my dad went to this school Albert Edward Thomson his picture is a lost bairne but I can't comment on it? Do u know him Margaret?x

Unknown said...

I also went to the same schools as you. I was born at 7 delburn st 1937 like you instead of pie dishes I used to climb a large fence of Bars Iron Brew & salvage**

especially soda water bottles half a crown each that was a fortune, it helped Mum so she didnt have to pawn in that era. Jim

 

Website Traffic Tracking
Amazing Counters